Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Happy Solstice!!

I have been writing short stories this evening and completely spaced that today is the longest day of the year. Now when will I find time to do my naked pagan dance (rolling her eyes). I have already been prepping the garden and decorating the house with token symbols of summer - bits of wheat, flashes of red and gold flowers, apple scented candles. I love the heat and passion of the summer months.

Writing short stories has given me the discipline to also work on the ongoing novel. I have a feeling I will be one of those sweeping decades style novelists, and am trying to not be discouraged with the lack of direction the novel is taking. With poetry, there is room to use imagination to fill in the gaps, whereas with novels, even the most Faulkner-esque work needs some basic elements akin to works of fiction.

In any event, I am loving the song writing and the short stories. I will share soon.

Happy solstice. Tell me what you did to celebrate, pagan friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home