Thursday, June 09, 2005

Oops I Did It Again

Okay, my apologies for the awful title of this post; just couldn't help myself.

I'm mired in a project that, for lack of better words, has been one of the most challenging projects of my life. Not because of the workload involved, but because I am being faced with one of my fears: confrontation.

As project manager, I am going to have to air my concerns about some lackluster performances, efforts by some key players. To put it bluntly, some people's efforts are sub par. I feel really evil saying that, but it's my honest opinion, and being in a situation where you are called upon to give an honest assessment, what else can you do?

Part of the problem is the subjectivity involved. I have to take ownership of my beliefs and act on them. Regardless of the diplomatic way in which I plan to move forward, feelings will be hurt, people angered.

A huge step for me at this point in my life is learning to live with other people's anger. I can safely let others be angry without guilt or trepidation.

I can give them back their anger.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home