Saturday, September 11, 2004

9/11

If you want to remember the tragedy of all that elapsed on this day, three years ago, I suggest a private ritual. Nothing fancy. Light a candle, say a prayer, look to the forest, where the leaves are starting to turn, and remember that all things change and are once again renewed.

I am making it a point to not turn on my TV or radio (or surf the news). Let's not let the Bush Administration use this sad day to score votes. The lives of the lost are worth more than that. I refuse to let the Bush Administration steal this day of remembrance.

jane

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather Cox said...

I like you idea for commemorating 9/11. Nice blog!

8:35 AM  
Blogger Aleah Sato said...

Thanks, Heather. Please return. Cheers!

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home