Monday, July 25, 2005

Bad Boys and Blues Bands

A lot of my writing is influenced by the characters I have met on the road, or in some cases, icons of country and rock music. The icons generally come into play when I am taking a break from painting sordid pictures of people I know, or when I have another vivid dream about Chris Isaak. He shows up in my dreams a lot. Mainly because he is the specimen of "All American Boy," hence the song. He knows it. So do I.

Anyway, the Badlands collection is nearly done, and I like the direction it's taken. I have shared some of the poems here ... but will soon be putting it all into a book form and trying my hand at self-publishing. Why not? They have been locked in my head too long I say. Revolt! :-)

I will post a link to the book publisher when the time comes. Of course, if you show up, I will deny it's really you. Don't look for what you don't want to find. (wink)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home