Friday, September 23, 2005

Strange dreams and reality tv

I don't know if it's the 5 pots of coffee a day or the impending career decisions I have to make, but my dreams have been all amalgam of fairy tales, Dog the Bounty Hunter, and homelessness.

Last night, I was drifting between two fairy tales - Little Red Riding Hood and Cinderella - although the pack of wolves in the forest and the cottage stand out as the most visual elements.

You may be wondering about Dog the Bounty Hunter. I confess, I love the program. The juxtaposition of moral code and empathy against ruthless pursuit of justice appeals to me. Anyone who knows me personally, knows that I have a very deep sense of justice - coupled with strong opinions of what is right and wrong in social settings.

When I watch the program, I find it as cathartic as throwing glass bottles against a wall. There's a release there I cannot explain.

To add to the general theme of compassionate justice, I also relate to the "characters." They remind me a bit of people I used to run with - tough but loving, bikers, degenerates, etc. A part of me will always be attracted to the crazy life, the wild side, the danger. I don't think of it is a phase so much as a part of my personality. I would likely be better off if it were just a phase. Hah.

Anyway, I wonder what all of these dreams mean, if anything. Wolves (fairy tales), dangerous men (Leland Chapman), fighting. All of these elements point to the hyper-adrenaline mode I have been in.

Now where do I sign up for kickboxing classes?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home