August 16, 2002
Today is our 2nd wedding anniversary.
2 years may not seem that impressive to those of you who have been married for five or more, but for two self-confirmed loners, this is something!
Let me share some cheesy tidbits today, and I promise I will go back to my regular posts tomorrow. One can only handle so much fluff. Keep your buckets handy, kids.
Some little useless info about us:
1) We met online, on a non-romantic message board.
2) We were friends for nearly 4 1/2 years before we met in person.
3) Rick's Canadian; I was born in Indiana.
4) We got married at City Hall with just three of our friends present, at 9:15 am!!
5) We are both addicted to The Simpsons.
6) Our friends make us look like midgets (we're both under 5'6").
7) Rick's allergic to cats; I have a cat.
8) We're both autumn babies.
9) Rick's 1/2 Japanese; I'm Scotch-Irish. We will kick your ass and politely bow afterwards.
10) We're both first borns.
11) We own a graphic design firm.
12) Both of us are university drop-outs. Go underachievers!!
13) We're creative -- Rick paints and Aleah writes poetry.
14) We both love Ron Sexsmith but think his head is shaped like a frying pan.
15) We got married only 5 months after we first laid eyes on each other.
16) Rick likes to cook; I like to eat.
17) Rick is 5 years older than moi. Geezer.
18) Rick likes to argue; I hate to argue, but we are both incredibly stubborn.
19) We use "nacho chubby" as a pet name for just about everyone.
20) Rick sent me chocolate chip cookies on our first Valentine's Day.
21) My phone bill was close to $1,000 before I moved to Toronto.
22) Pro bono.
23) The first year of marriage was really hard.
24) Rick has his first childhood stuffed toy, a monkey named Jacob. Don't call him Jake. I have mine, too, Leo the lion hand puppet.
25) We were both fat babies.
26) Rick cannot dance. Really.
27) Oatmeal is the key to optimum health and happiness.
28) Rick's first office was in a converted sauna.
29) I used to be a fundraiser for a children's home.
30) We have the world's ugliest kitchen table and chairs. This is really superfluous, really, but I really want to get rid of the set.
31) I have never met Rick's mom or his only sibling.
32) Rick has an Uncle Ben whose real name is Kyoto Tateyama. Go figure.
33) Ricks middle name is George. I have a friend named George. George Kostanza is our favorite Seinfeld character.
34) I bought Rick a guitar for xmas two years ago and he can play quite a few songs now.
35) I hated every minute of high school. Rick was popular in high school.
36) Chocolate covered almonds have no shelf life in our house.
37) All of Rick's friends have kids. None of mine do, give or take a few.
38) We want kids some day.
39) Rick's a solid Virgo; I am a mercurial Libra.
40) Nobody thought we'd make it through the first month together, but here we are!! In yo' face!
Okay, my other half is giving me the evil eye, so that means back to web work.
jane_crow, pondering two years of marital bliss